Gluten & Dairy Free
Here’s a really simple Korean-inspired recipe packed with spiciness, protein and pro-biotics. To turn this into a truly Korean dish, I would have used gochujang (traditional Korean red pepper paste). However, sriracha does the trick in this case and adds a small touch of sweet to balance out the spice and salt of the kimchi and seaweed.
tamari (or soy sauce)
saeng-che (radish kimchi)
roasted seaweed (available at local Asian market or Trader Joe’s)
brown (or white) rice
- Slice beef into thin slices.
- Mince garlic and chop white onions.
- In stove-top pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and chopped onions. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sriracha (add less or more depending on desired spice level).
- Add tamari (add more or less depending on desired salt level).
- Stir everything together (this is your flavor base).
- Add beef. Continue stirring and simmering on medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook, otherwise your beef will be dry. You want a moist, tender consistency (a little pink is okay).
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil and black pepper.
- Serve hot with side of brown rice, kimchi and roasted seaweed!