This is part 2 of my ‘Veggies for Breakfast’ recipe series. Here is Veggies for Breakfast (part 1).
black beans (organic from can)
crimini mushrooms (diced)
sausage (optional, I use the Applegate Organics brand)
gluten free toast
earth balance (optional spread for toast)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Saute garlic and shallots for about 2 minutes. Add turmeric to create a flavor base. Stir to make sure garlic and shallots are coated.
- In separate pot, heat organic black beans on medium-low.
- In pan, add diced mushrooms and sliced sausage. Stir, add more olive oil if necessary.
- Continue heating for about 5 minutes. When the mushrooms are at a nice consistency, add spinach and heat for no more than 2 minutes (you want to add spinach towards the very end so it doesn’t wilt, but maintains a nice fluffy leaf).
- Remove veggies onto a plate and add scrambled eggs into the same pan (so it gets the turmeric, olive oil and leftover veggie/sausage flavor). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot with black beans and toasted gluten free bread. For a butter-like spread, you can use Earth Balance (a dairy-free vegan alternative to butter).
*Black beans are a high source of protein and are good for the kidneys.
**Turmeric has great anti-inflammatory healing properties. Click here to read more about the benefits of turmeric.
***Garlic helps to improve circulation, eliminates toxins and aids in prevention of the common cold.
****Crimini mushrooms have antibiotic properties and helps to rid the body of excess mucus.
*****Spinach is a good “blood builder” and moistens dryness in the body (particularly useful in the treatment of diabetic dryness and thirst).