I went camping over the last few days and one of my favorite parts of camping is the campfire cooking! Something about an outdoor campfire adds such a unique and tasty flavor to any meal. Here is an easy gluten-free breakfast camping recipe that’s packed with protein power (to get you through those amazing hikes and nature adventures).
2 tbsp olive oil
1 package of pre-cooked mini sausage links (I used the Beeler’s brand from PCC, my local natural food co-op. Look for low sodium, minimally processed, all natural meat products)
1 can of organic black beans
1 handful of spinach
salsa or Tapatio hot sauce
- Make a campfire (make sure you have paper, twigs, wood, and a lighter). Here’s a link on How to Build a Campfire.
- Once the fire is hot and steady, place a pan on the grill and add olive oil.
- Add pre-cooked sausage. Stir and heat for 3 minutes.
- Crack 5 eggs in pan, stir around to make it scrambled. Let eggs cook for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans (drain water from can). Stir constantly (don’t break the beans).
- Once eggs are cooked, add a handful of spinach. Heat for another minute then serve with salsa or Tapatio sauce!
So easy and such a great way to start your morning in nature! 😀