3 cups coconut milk
3/4 cups water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup organic cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
fruit of choice (I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwis)
Almond Meal Crust:
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup earth balance (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar and almond meal.
- Add melted earth balance and stir.
- Press and flatten onto the bottom of a round pie plate.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before adding filling.
- Mix water, brown sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat coconut milk on medium heat until steaming, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk the dry mixture into the coconut milk. Add vanilla.
- Continue cooking on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Cool completely, stirring every so often to release the steam.
- Add filling into almond meal crust.
- Put in fridge and cool overnight or minimum of 4 hours.
- Add fruit topping. Make it look pretty then dig in! 😀